Before You Even Get Here
To hold a reservation, you must provide a valid credit card number with an expiration date. This applies even if you intend to pay with a gift certificate. Soma Spa will not charge your card unless you miss your appointment, at which time you will be charged half the treatment price.
Life can be busy and full of the unexpected, so if you must cancel your treatment, please be sure to give us 24-hour notice for individual sessions and 48 hours for couple or group sessions. Otherwise you will be charged half the treatment price.
For our Pregnant Guests
For women who are expecting and for those individuals with an existing medical condition, please be sure you have your doctor’s approval and have no complications for which spa treatments would be contraindicated. We perform massage on expectant mothers who are in their second or third trimester. And for those with existing medical conditions, we’d like to discuss the best and safest massage options before you arrive for your appointment.
Please note: We do not perform body treatments with the Steam Tent, Oxygenating Trio or Shirodhara on pregnant guests.
Spa Guests Under the Age of 18
In order to ensure a safe, relaxing environment for all of our guests, we offer the following guidlines:
Skin Care: Teenagers between the ages of 12 to 17 may receive facial services and/or facial and arm waxing. Underage clients may not receive waxing services below the waist.
Massage Care: Children of all ages may receive massage therapy with parental consent and/or parent being present during service.
We ask all of our clients:
- For the safety and comfort of our guests and staff: babies, toddlers, and children are not permitted to accompany an adult during service. We are happy to reschedule your reservation to a date and time that childcare is secured.
- Children ages 17 and under must have a parent or guardian in the spa throughout the duration of their treatment. The client and the parent/guardian must also provide written consent before any services commence.
- Guests are encouraged to keep all conversations to a whisper, so as not to disrupt our other guests. And, please silence your devices!
We know our guests want to show appreciation for the quality service provided by Soma Spa practitioners. Gratuities at Soma Spa average between 18 and 22 percent of the treatment price, but we always respect your tipping decisions. You may give your practitioner a tip in cash or by credit card at the front desk at check out.
Return and Refund Policy
Soma Spa accepts MasterCard, Visa, cash and checks.
Services: If you are not completely satisfied with your service, please contact a manager to discuss your experience at email@example.com
Products: Products can be returned unopened within 15 days of purchase.
Gift Certificates: Gift Certificates may be returned within one week of purchase. If a bonus gift certificate was awarded in conjunction with the original gift certificate purchase, the bonus gift certificate will need to be returned as well.
Arrival / Getting There
If I’m late, what happens? Do you cancel my appointment?
Arriving late cuts down on your valuable treatment time. However, we know you need this! And, if you do run late, we will try and accommodate you as well as we can without impacting your therapist’s next appointment.
How do I get there? And is there parking?
A Google map of our location is conveniently listed on our ‘contact us’ page. We’re located inside the Malibu Fitness building and there is ample well-lit parking.
You’re Here, Now What
What do I wear?
During a massage treatment, our therapists drape you to protect your privacy, so being completely naked is appropriate. If you feel more comfortable wearing undergarments for your massage, please feel free to do so. If your treatment involves certain waxing treatments, Soma Spa can also provide disposable underwear.
Cell Phones and Laptops
Soma Spa is a tranquil retreat, and we want to create an atmosphere that allows all our guests to escape from the world outside. In consideration of others, please refrain from talking on your cell phone inside the spa. We ask that all devices are in silent mode or turned off while at Soma Spa. It’s also for your own good! We want you to get the most relaxation possible from your visit with us!
Medical Conditions and Allergies
When scheduling your treatment, please let us know if you have any physical ailments, medical conditions, or allergies so that we can notify you immediately of any contraindications to the treatment you’re chosen. Our staff will personalize your treatment to meet any special needs or accommodations you may need.
Tips for a Great Spa Experience
How should I prep for a wax?
- Do not shave or wax for at least 3 to 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- For Brazilian and bikini waxes, please trim any long hair to minimize discomfort. Hair should be no more than 1/2″ or less than 1/4″ of growth.
- Female clients may have heightened sensitivity during the week prior to or during menstruation.
- Limit your caffeine intake the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system and increases sensitivity.
Before your wax, please do not…
- Use Retin-A/Renova for at least 30 days.
- Use Accutane for at least one year.
- Use peels (glycolic, AHA, etcetera) or dermabrasion on the area for at least 24 hours.
- Consume excessive amounts of alcohol or sunbathe for at least 48 hours.
- Use self-tanners, exfoliants or moisturizers the day of the service – they can cause irritations to the sensitive hair follicles that are open after waxing.
What about after I get waxed?
- Minimize skin irritation by applying aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream to the treated area.
- You may wash the waxed area, but refrain from using harsh cleansers or creams for 24 – 48 hours.
- Stay away from hot tubs, hot showers, hot baths, sunbathing and tanning for at least 24 – 48 hours.
- Prevent ingrown hairs by avoiding exfoliation for 2 – 3 days and then exfoliating the area regularly.
- Avoid shaving in between waxing treatments.
I’m curious about getting a peel — tell me more.
Peels can have a transformative effect on your skin, but need the right preparation. If you are interested in receiving a peel, please call to set up a complimentary skin analysis/consultation with one of our licensed skin care professionals prior to reserving a time for your peel. This analysis will ensure whether or not you are a candidate for the peel process.